Let me tell you about our new home.
It's simple. It's small. I think it is the smallest house that we have lived in. But it has a room for my art, a room for my meditation and prayer and it has room for Joe's bike. Which is pretty much all we need.
There is a lovely deck along the back where I can sit and have tea.
My prayer room looks out into a garden, where eventually I will plant a tree. Not sure which one yet.
Two garden sheds in the back yard. One for me, one for Joe.
It's perfect.
It's been loved in the past, but neglected and all it needs is sunlight soap, hot water and me. Scrubbing.
Oh and painting, bathroom and kitchen makeover. Which are Joe's domain.
There is no rush. We have a plan. We always do.
The garden is there, the bones, I mean. It just needs some love, imagination and magic. I have plenty of all three.
In the back yard under the large gum of unknown species, lives a family of crested pigeons. There are magpies - of course.
There is a secret circle down in the back corner. Looking almost like it was created for me.
There are large gums, looking like guardians of the back yard and I can see my comfrey, valerian and celandine growing happily along side.
It will be a different garden to what I have had previously. I want to immerse myself once again in my garden. Learn to be alone.
The house is on a road that leads to Evans Lookout. A place that I can go see the sun rise. Where I can leave essences overnight and where I can sit and meditate or journal.
Where I can sit on ancient rocks like my soul needs to do.
I've decided to call our new home, Waratah Cottage. Because of the large number of the plants growing in the garden but also because it feels like I'm coming home. Not just back to the mountains but also coming home to self. Coming home to Australia. The deep yearning for Cornwall has been laid to rest. I now know that I belong here to the land where I was born
The energy of this home is very much like our home in Woodford. Sparkly, light energy. I can feel it as I walk between the trees. The smell of the rotting eucalypt leaves on the ground surround me and it's as if I have been here forever. I know this house and garden. It's like a reward for all that I've been through in the past year. And so begins another journey.
About Me
- Miss Robyn
- here I am in a little cottage that evokes the energies of my ancestral lands - a cottage on the moors of Cornwall, or on the cliff tops of Ireland or Scotland. It has a hearth. I am a hedge witch {of sorts}. I wear upcycled clothes, patchouli oil and Redback boots. I am a gypsy; an eccentric and a mystic [I often live with a foot in two worlds]. I serve my guests, tea from an old silver teapot. I love Vervain, yarrow, chamomile & mint. Star watcher and Moon gazer. story cloth weaver. keeper of family dreams and wishes. good friend and creator of life. herbal tea drinker and potion maker.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.