About Me

My photo
here I am in a little cottage that evokes the energies of my ancestral lands - a cottage on the moors of Cornwall, or on the cliff tops of Ireland or Scotland. It has a hearth. I am a hedge witch {of sorts}. I wear upcycled clothes, patchouli oil and Redback boots. I am a gypsy; an eccentric and a mystic [I often live with a foot in two worlds]. I serve my guests, tea from an old silver teapot. I love Vervain, yarrow, chamomile & mint. Star watcher and Moon gazer. story cloth weaver. keeper of family dreams and wishes. good friend and creator of life. herbal tea drinker and potion maker.

Monday, November 13, 2017

Jupiter and Venus

it is a time astrologically, when Jupiter and Venus are side by side in the sky, almost holding hands. Not that I am an expert in astrology, gee, I don't know much except what I read. It's a new cycle of abundance and growth, so it seems.  This takes place in the sign of Scorpio. I confess, I am a little afraid of Scorpio. It is the sting, you see. But sometimes, a sting can be good. You sit up and take notice. What is it that is biting or stinging you? hmmmm. It may be painful and hurt, but you come through it.  And from what I am reading, all of this Jupiter/Venus energy, equates to personal truth, which makes sense with what I have been journaling the past week, what I have been noticing and hearing in myself. Authenticity...
and so we come to my journal words::

"for too many years, I have allowed other peoples perception of me to dictate as to who I am and how I myself perceive me to be. Approaching my 60th year, it really is time to embrace my authenticity, to really accept who I am, all my quirkiness, all my loveliness and my simplicity. Not to hide it and not to be ashamed of what I like to refer to as me being "common as muck"- my convict roots. It really is ok and wonderful to be me. I don't need to measure up to any ones yard stick. If they don't like the way I am.. then on their way. 
The Jupiter and Venus aspect at this time is kind of  about joining the beauty of my life and my spiritual path and it could not come at a more perfect time. It has taken me years of searching and trying on different belief systems for size, finding my way between and through Christianity and Paganism and finally just now, coming to the conclusion that I actually have no religion. None fit. they all scratch at me, like a coarse hair coat. But, I do have spirituality. In abundance. I have rituals and meditation and grounding and lots of other spiritual practices that I am making my own. 
My soul knows and leads me to where I am to be. Who I am to be. No one knows my journey except me. It is unique to the soul in a human suit, known as Robyn. And because part of who I am. is that of a searcher, this path, will continue to morph and change over the coming years as I search and discover more about myself. Very exciting times! Bringing the beauty that is my life into one with my spiritual path. Almost like coming out of a cocoon into my authentic self."

and it really is all very exciting. buying a new home, turning 60, creating what I believe is the last of my soul cloths,... creating an authentic life, my authentic life.. but actually, creating is not the right word. It is more like, uncovering and accepting my authentic life. my authenticity. yes, that's it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.