About Me
- Miss Robyn
- here I am in a little cottage that evokes the energies of my ancestral lands - a cottage on the moors of Cornwall, or on the cliff tops of Ireland or Scotland. It has a hearth. I am a hedge witch {of sorts}. I wear upcycled clothes, patchouli oil and Redback boots. I am a gypsy; an eccentric and a mystic [I often live with a foot in two worlds]. I serve my guests, tea from an old silver teapot. I love Vervain, yarrow, chamomile & mint. Star watcher and Moon gazer. story cloth weaver. keeper of family dreams and wishes. good friend and creator of life. herbal tea drinker and potion maker.
Thursday, February 11, 2016
beginning again
St. Benedict said 'always, we begin again'. And it seems I begin to reconnect through what I call my soul map. a piece of cloth that I am working on, documenting my self through thread. weaving stories as I discover the land that I live on.
yesterday, I walked to the Witches leap. a favourite place in the rainforest. once a very quiet, almost surreal energy but tourists chatted loudly as they walked past. disrupting my goal of placing tatty cloth in the roots of the coachwood and sassafras. But I did it. Hidden for a few days under rocks and leaves, in the energies of these majestic rainforest trees. I stood for quite awhile at the waterfall, closing my eyes, until the water felt as if it were pouring down over me. Becoming one.
one thing that I am trying to remember to do is drink more water. I am terrible at remembering this lately and I know that it will help me so much. In many ways. Juicing is another thing that I am committing to. and healing my gut.
In the afternoon I sat under a large tree in my back garden. I sat with eyes closed, just centring. Breathing in and out, focusing on a word, like the desert mothers and fathers taught. Coming back, I could here birds twittering very close. Feeling safe enough to be near me. Centring 'prayer' has been a large part of my spiritual practice for many years however, since moving I have neglected this part of me, and committing to a daily practice will eventually bring me back to a calm place. I did a little ritual with some eucalypt trees and anointed my heart with the ashes. Sacred words were said as I began my journey....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.