About Me

My photo
here I am in a little cottage that evokes the energies of my ancestral lands - a cottage on the moors of Cornwall, or on the cliff tops of Ireland or Scotland. It has a hearth. I am a hedge witch {of sorts}. I wear upcycled clothes, patchouli oil and Redback boots. I am a gypsy; an eccentric and a mystic [I often live with a foot in two worlds]. I serve my guests, tea from an old silver teapot. I love Vervain, yarrow, chamomile & mint. Star watcher and Moon gazer. story cloth weaver. keeper of family dreams and wishes. good friend and creator of life. herbal tea drinker and potion maker.

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

New Moon, New beginning.. and apples

when we first moved into our home in Blackheath, we were stunned by the amount of Waratahs in the garden, and quickly gave the house the name of Waratah Cottage. there was no fanfare, just named it, found a sign in a local antique shop and thought nothing of it.

Over the past 12 months, we have changed a lot in the home. removing carpets, blinds. totally renovating the bathroom. new kitchen. changed the back verandah. the garden has been transformed and the tile roof painted. And the house has taken on a new persona. Waratah Cottage doesn't fit it anymore and I feel that in my bones.


I have planted 6 apple trees in my garden here, with a further 3 planned for this winter and I recently realised that most of my homes have had apple trees. Inglewood at Woodford was built around an old orchard and one ancient tree still survived and produced apples every year. Avalon at Katoomba had an ancient apple tree in the back garden and I had planted 3 in the front. And now here - I have chosen apples without knowing. I have a strong connection to Avalon and Apples. It is my spirit tree.


the past weeks, I have been looking at my family tree [read forest] and being interested in the Welsh and Irish in me, I started to think of maybe changing the name of this home to something more fitting with my own soul, with my ancestry and my heritage. I pondered a few, but nothing really resonated.


but as it will, with this new moon coming and the astrology of the moment, there, popping out at me this morning was this: Afallon: apple orchard or paradise, blissful otherworld. And I think it is perfect for the naming of our  new home. Afallon, welcome to our apple orchard, our blissful otherworld.

so beginning this New Moon coming on 26 May at 5:44 am, our home will be known as Afallon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.